This training course teaches developers the skills they need to immediately use Redux in their React applications.
At the end of React with Redux training course, participants will be able to
- Understand state management including when it is needed and the various alternatives
- Utilize Redux to manage the state of the application
- Use React and Redux together
- Implement React and Redux best practices
- Write unit tests for React using Jest and React Testing Library
Attendees must have prior React development experience.
- What is State?
- When do you need a State Management library?
- Alternatives to Redux
- Using Context for Shared State
- Server State: React Query, SWR, or GraphQL client
- What is Redux?
- Benefits Checklist
- Principles of Redux
- Core Concepts (Store, State, Reducers, Actions, Action Creators)
- Complementary Packages
- When do you need Redux?
- Basic Redux Example (includes time traveling)
- Redux with React in Function Components
- useSelector and useDispatch Hooks
- Redux with React in Class Components
- Higher-Order Components
- The connect function
- Writing mapState functions
- Writing mapDispatch Functions
- Async Actions (Thunks)
- Your First Thunk
- Full CRUD Example
- Tools (Jest, React Testing Library or Enzyme)
- Mocking Modules
- Mocking Functions
- Debugging Tests
- Component Tests with React Testing Library
- Component Tests with Enzyme
- Testing Redux Actions & Thunks, Reducers, HTTP
- What causes a component to render?
- Wasted Renders
- Pure Components